The "Submissions" page provides a snapshot of the vulnerabilities you've reported.
From this page, you can:
- Filter and view your submissions by status
- Drill into the submission details and communicate with Bugcrowd and the customer through comments
- Quickly see how much you've been paid out and how many points you've earned
The "Submissions" page lets you see the current state of a submission, the number of comments, and the amount of money and points rewarded (if the submission was accepted).
You can easily use any of the pre-built filters to find submissions based on their status or you can build a filter.
If you need a help remembering some of the search operators, use the Search Options button to see a cheat sheet.
To view the submission details, click on the submission title. You'll be able to see the a history of all events logged for that submission.
Activities tracked include:
- Adjustments made to a submission's priority
- Changes to the submission status
- Monetary and point rewards
- Any comments made on the submission
Program owners can use comments to communicate with you on your submissions. Generally, you'll receive a comment on your submission if you need to provide more information or clarify something in your report.
When you receive a new message, you will receive an e-mail notification that someone commented on your submission. You can click on the link in the e-mail or log in to Bugcrowd to respond.
To respond to a comment, go to the submission, and add your comment to the text box shown below:
Click the Send Message button when you are done.